Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friends Along The Alaska Highway







Friday was the day for us to see the animals along the path from Whitehorse to Fort Nelson. We would come around a corner ( about 60) and everyone was stopped. We caught this brown bear digging for roots. He did not even give us the time of day. Renee' would not let me get out of the car so this is what you get. Then later I see a couple of buffalo laying beside the road and of course Renee' misses them so we turn a corner or two and there they are!!!! They seem pretty small to me when I am in my BIG truck but they are a site to see!!!! We had about a 50 mile break and where talking about not seeing any caribou and we come around another corner and they are in the road. We just could not believe it!!!!

Then almost to Fort Nelson we see something along the road bouncing up and down ( I thought it was a dog) but it was a good size Black Bear playing in the weeds. It was so fast that we got stopped but it was gone. All in All it was a wonderful day of seeing the animals it was like a personal tour.

We are in Prince George tonight (Sat.) and should be in Seattle Sun. night. We still don't have cell service and I think it should click on when we get back into the states. We have had a great trip no problems and I still don't believe the road. Paved all the way (60 to 70) without any problems. We pray that you all are well and we will see you down the road!

God Bless

Bill & Renee,


No comments:

Post a Comment