Monday, November 23, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Prayer

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.

Know that the Lord is God.

It is He who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulmess continues through all generations. (Psalm 100)



As we give thanks today let us not forget the one who loves us and is faithful through all of our sin.

Bill and I would like to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. I have been listening to this song all week and thought of you. Our prayer for each of you is that "Today Is The Day" for you. This song is by Lincoln Brewster:

I'm casting my cares aside.
I"m leaving my past behind.
I'm setting my heart and mind on YOU, Jesus.
I'm reaching my hand to YOURS.
Believing there's so much more.
Knowing that all YOU have in store for me is good. It's good.

Today is the day YOU have made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Today is the day YOU have made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
And I won't worry about tomorrow.
I'm trusting in what YOU say.
Today is the day. Today is the day.

I'm putting my fears aside.
I'm leaving my doubts behind.
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to YOU, Jesus.
I'm reaching my hands to YOURS.
Believing there's so much more.
Knowing that all YOU have in store for me is good. It's good.

Todays is the day YOU have made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Today is the day YOU have made.
I will rejoice and be glade in it.
And I won't worry about tomorrow.
I'm trusting in what YOU say.
Today is the day. Today is the day.

I will stand upon YOUR truth.
" " " " " " .
And all my days I"ll live for YOU.
" " " " " " " " .
I will stand upon YOUR truth.
" " " " " " .
And all my days I'll live for YOU.
" " " " " " " " .

Today is the day YOU have made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Today is the day YOU have made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
And I won't worry about tomorrow.
Giving YOU my fears and sorrows.
Where YOU lead me I will follow.

I'm trusting in what YOU say.
Today is the day.
Today is the day.
Today is the day.
Today is the day.
Today is the day!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment