Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Paths We Travel

We have been on the road from Phoenix to Las Cruces (New Mexico) to Odessa Texas where we are staying today. We could not believe the change in the country from the green of Phoenix to the flat land of New Mexico and it has not changed in Texas. You can see for ever and the 85 miles per hour speed limit makes it go by fast!!!! We have been holding the BIG TRUCK back to 70 or so and keeping up with most of the trucks and cars. We stopped at a little cafe this morning for breakfast and it was wonderful. Once we got into Texas we saw our first of many oil wells and storage tanks they go on for miles.
Did you know we have a U.S. Border Inspection Station between New Mexico and Texas well there is one everyone Trucks and Cars must stop. I did not know we sold New Mexico!!!!
We saw alot of train traffic yesterday long, long trains all day and then today we pass the biggest dairy farm I have ever seen there must have been a 1,000 cows over miles of pens. Quite a Site! (from Bill)

My Turn: We just finished spending time with my sister, niece and great nephew. It was great. We had a very good visit. I hadn't seen my sister in 6 years and my niece in 9 to 10 years and never had I seen my great nephew, Logan. Logan is 6 almost 7. He is a delight. He really took to Bill and that was fun to watch. I felt my visit with my sister was very healing for both of us. We talked about letting the past go and live in the present. My prayer for my sister is she is truly loved by God and all things are possible with God. He is the great healer.

Tomorrow we are off to see my sister's other daughter and her family. After we leave there Bill and I will have eight days together to get to the East coast. Thanks to our new navigator (GPS) who we named Chicka we should do just fine.

We miss each and everyone of you. God bless. Renee'

1 comment:

  1. Glad you hear you guys continue to be safe and are enjoying your visits along the way. Nice to hear that your visit with your sister was a good one! Love and miss you, Cindy =)

    ReplyDelete